I was going through some old documents for the Jesus Alliance and I found one I had written 5 years ago entitled: What Matters to Jesus Matters to Us. Bible study reveals that in a typical day in the life of Jesus:
- He began each day with prayer and prayed intermittently throughout each day
- He witnessed to practically everyone He encountered and often preached
- He discipled people daily
- He performed good works and engaged in compassion ministry at every opportunity
- He based His ministry upon His Word the Holy Bible
- He prayed that his church would be unified and become as one as He and the father are One
- And above all else He taught us to Love All – Serve All
Jesus set the perfect example for what we His church should be doing. We should do our utmost to emulate Him in every way possible. His is the perfect example of a life that is most pleasing to the Father.
So, “How do you stack up against this list?”
Do you love all – Serve all? I stopped in at the Hard Rock Café in Maui one day and noticed their slogan on the back of a baseball style cap I purchased: “Love all, serve all.” I suspect that neither the founders of Hard Rock nor the Seminole Indians of Florida who now own the Hard Rock chain are aware that their slogan has its roots in the Bible. Matthew 5:43 “love your enemies” as well as your “neighbor”, and Matthew 20:26 “whoever would be great among you must be servant of all.”
Five years ago, I wrote “Above all else He taught us to Love All – Serve All.” Think about the world and how different it would be if we would adhere to just that premise and this verse:
Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ . . .
The Jesus Alliance is uniting, equipping, & mobilizing Christ-followers around the world to counter billions of negative and anti-faith media attacks with messages of truth, hope, and the unconditional love of Jesus Christ – together we can rebuild a Godly culture.